In the footsteps of the ministrels: guided hike with sightseeing
Every Wednesday from 22. september to 27. october
With our hiking guide Helmuth you start in Lajen and hike along the Walther von der Vogelweide circular trail in the direction of Ried. Along the hike there are three, of the total of 8 stations on the history of Walther von der Vogelweide, you also make a short detour to the birthplace of the famous minnesinger. After a short refreshment in the Buschenschank Pedratsch, you hike further down the valley and cross the stream of Val Gardena. From there, the hike leads through the forest, with a slight ascent to Trostburg Castle. There you can visit the former home of Oswald von Wolkenstein, one of the most imposing castle complexes of South Tyrol. It was built at the end of the 12th century and rebuilt into a resistant fortress in the 17th century. At the end of the visit, walk downhill towards Waidbruck and from there take the free cab to Lajen.
- Date: every Wednesday, 22. september-27. october
- Distance: 7km
- Altitude difference in ascent: 125m
- Altitude difference in descent: 600 m
- Meeting point: 10.00 am tourist office
- Number of participants: min. 4
- Registration: within 12 noon the day before
- Price: 10€ | free of charge for guests of partner of Lajen Aktiv
- To bring along: Mouth-nose protection, hiking gear, weather protection and possibly hiking poles
- Cancellation: Free of charge until 12 noon the day before - in writin to email@example.com.
- Dolomite village of Laion
- Experience Laion
- Event highlights